Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time
Where we work
🏡 Remote (EU)
How to apply
Interested? Simply send us your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
What would be your mission?
- Taking the lead on building mobile and web apps, APIs, services, and infrastructure for Beams - a new app that helps you easily create lists of recommendations, inspirations and stories to share with your friends.
- Be in direct contact with the users of our platform to gather new requirements to improve user experience and productivity.
- Actively plan, discuss, and execute implementation details and software architecture together with the other team members.
- Embrace change and daily challenges while following the principles of the Agile development methodology
What’s our stack?
- Our back-end is built using serverless lambdas running on Golang.
- Our infrastructure is deployed to AWS using CloudFormation/Serverless framework.
- Our iOS mobile app is built with Swift.
- Our Web app and back-office are built with TypeScript and Vue framework.
- We don’t yet have an Android app, but when we start building it, it will likely be native (Kotlin).
Who is our best match?
We know a good software engineer can master new languages on the go (no pun intended) - we even learned a few ourselves building this product so far. Still, here’s our perfect-world-scenario skill set:
- You have a proven track record and years of experience in software development.
- Knowledge of Golang, Swift or Kotlin is a plus, and so is experience with serverless backend environments (we don’t have sysops people - engineers deploy their code and infrastructure themselves).
- You have deep experience in either back-end or mobile application development.
- You don’t believe that code testing is a waste of time.
- You strive for reliable and lasting products with an impact.
- You show ownership and are reliable, pragmatic, and self-motivated.
- You’ve worked in startups and/or enterprises where you delivered scalable, secure, and robust architectures.
- You strive to solve problems effectively.
- Transparency, accountability, and inclusivity are within your DNA.
- You have excellent knowledge of the English language.
What do we offer?
- A steep learning curve with a lot of responsibility from day #1
- Great personal & professional development opportunities in an early-stage fast-growing start-up with an international, ambitious and experienced team
- Flat hierarchies for creative ideas and unconventional approaches
- A highly entrepreneurial environment where everyone has ownership and freedom to move towards our ambitious goals while getting strong enablement by our management
- Free choice of your hardware equipment
- Budget for your learning and development
- Attractive & competitive salary package
- Great office in the heart of Barcelona
We are looking forward to hearing from you! We value the diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from different backgrounds.
BEAMS is the global storytelling platform that brings together communities who love to discover, create, and share memories and unique encounters. It was created by avid storytellers who have recognized the value of sharing inspiring experiences in a more powerful way. BEAMS is backed by top investors (> 1.5 yrs runway), has more than 15 years of experience from Instagram, Soundcloud, N26 as well as own startups.